**Appointments untill 9.30pm**
Established and managed by Alison Dodd who is a fully qualified Sports Injury and Massage Therapist and holds an APNT Diploma in Sports Injuries and Massage.
Welcome to Bodylogics
Alison is a dedicated Therapist who will investigate and treat the cause of your injury or problem.
Just ONE TREATMENT will often alleviate and reduce muscle tension. You don't have to be a sportsperson to feel the benefits! Sports Massage can help people from all walks of life who may suffer from muscular tension, stress and fatigue. The versatility and effectiveness of Sports Massage combined with other Massage techniques is an ideal treatment for many everyday aches and pains and is often recommended after Physiotherapy treatment in the rehabilitation of injuries.
Sport & Remedial Massage can help with the following conditions:
- Neck and shoulder pain or stiffness
- Back pain
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Leg and foot pain
- Sports specific injuries
- Chronic muscular aches and pains
Sports MassageAt Bodylogics, Sports Massage techniques are used as the most effective therapy for releasing muscle tension and restoring balance to the musculo-skeletal system. The main aim is to restore full functionality to muscles and other soft tissues which can simply mean easing the tension which may have built up in your shoulders and neck during long hours at work or helping to aid recovery and restore maximum performance to an over trained muscle-group of a sports person.
Muscle damage and stiffness can also occur as a result of the overuse of certain muscle groups, whether due to work related factors or through sporting activities. A continuous build up of tension in the muscles from regular activity may lead to stresses on joints, ligaments, tendons as well as the muscles themselves. Massage plays a big part in the prevention of injuries and is also used as part of a rehabilitation programme to treat an injury.
Sports Massage Therapy combines general and Deep Tissue manipulation with various forms of stretching techniques to loosen up tight muscles, break up adhesions in muscle fibres and restore muscle function. These include techniques such as Soft Tissue Release, Muscle Energy Technique, Neuromuscular Technique and Myofascial Release.
Benefits of Sports Massage include:-
- Reduces recovery time of a damage or overworked muscle or tissue.
- Breaks down adhesions within muscles improving suppleness and mobility.
- Help prevent injury by treating any muscle weakness or problem area.
- Reduces stiffness and swelling by clearing out waste products and toxins.
- Enables muscles and joints to heal faster following an injury.
- Helps improve the flexibility of muscles and joints.
- De-stress tense postural muscles and improve spinal alignment.
- Improves lymph and blood circulation.